Unfair dismissal

My brother has worked for his companyh for 17 years. He has been let gpo from his company because of an argument that occurred duiring work. He is now on a zero hours contract. What can he do legallly to compesate the hours amd tme he has lost? What is he legally entitled to?

I’m not a lawyer but I think that the first thing you need to do in such a case is to check the contract with the company. There must be a clause or something stating what your brother can do in a situation like this. That is why I always advise everyone to be careful what they sign when they begin working at any company. If you have problems with understanding the contract, please call a lawyer that specialises in these topics and get the help you need. This is not something that you can resolve easily. It depends on each individual case.